Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Life is an ever-winding road of adventures and learning experiences, we never know what's coming our way even when we have everything planned out. One of the many adventures that has shaped the type of person I am today is the year I decided to become a student athlete.  Picking up the sport golf was one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me; over the course of a few months I proved to myself how far I can actually push myself.
I picked up the sport in late June of 2015 shooting an average of 115 and finishing my season in April of 2016 with an average of an 90. Those ten months between the two dates changed my life more than I would ever imagine; not saying that i wasn’t a good kid before this happened, I just saw a different side of me that I never knew I  had. I proved to myself and to that my parents that when i actually want something and when I actually go for it and work hard the result turns out to be better than ever thought to be.  Between juggling school, golf , and work, I maintained good grades and managed to make great advantages at something I loved to do.
My Jr. year of high school opened my eyes to a different person that I had the ability to be, and I really like it. As I quickly approach adulthood I’ll take these life lessons’ from my experience and try to pursue them with my best ability possible. Because that’s all you can do in life is try your best and then try again. It doesn't matter how long it takes you to get down a certain path as long as you learned something about yourself along the way. When you get knocked down in life, it’s always about standing back up.

11 comments:

  1. I can totally relate because I picked up golf my freshman year of high school and going into my senior year, I still continue to play and impress myself the more I practice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story! Sports and other hobbies quite often really do change you for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found something that you really enjoy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the story it is very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the story it is very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sports are a big stress relief on life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice story, being able to find your self and having a passion for something you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  8. My brother and father Love golf!
    Cool story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katelynn-- check your email ASAP...

    ReplyDelete